Last Friday Ashley returned from her last week of Camp for the Summer.. Since she had been begging to dine outdoors and the weather here in Atlanta was sooooooooo nice on Saturday I decided to grant her wish.
My Lil Honoree For today’s Tablescape & Dinner
Welcome Home BabyGirl
My pretty ceramic umbrella vase was a casualty of a really bad storm we had here earlier this summer so I needed to come up with something .. I had this old basket that fit the ticket.. I gave it a quick coat of white spray paint.. then had Jeff make me a starter hole. The wooden bottom was really thin and very easy to cut.. I used tin snips .. only took a couple of minutes an viola I had a perfect size hole for the umbrella to slip down through.
Perfect for today’s outdoor table setting.. Sunflowers. Those silk sunflowers are really getting a workout this month.
- Red & White Napkins … Home from Target
- Red & White Table Cloth.. Target. Got this one on clearance about 3 weeks ago for $2.50. It’s vinyl with a thick padding backer.
- Black Metal Flower Napkin Rings.. Pier1
- White Metal Pail.. Target $1.00 section *sprayed white was silver*
- Red Stemware.. Target *purchased years ago*
- Bordallo White Serving Bowl … Ross
- Black Stand holding Serving Bowl … Pike Nursery. Purchased years ago.. was a citronella candle stand.
- White Bird Salt & Pepper Shakers… Target *available item $4.99 set*
- Metal Sun .. From Kirklands .. part of a 3-piece set.
- Sunflower plate.. is by Boston Warehouse Trading Company.. picked that lil set up at Kroger… *Still available in some locations on clearance*
- Red Sedona Plate.. Mainstay.. from Wal-Mart.
- Red Mat Charger.. Wal-Mart.
- Red Place Mats … Pier1
- Cambridge Jubilee Yellow Flatware… from Ross.
- Green Square Charger… Target *recent purchase*
- Watermelon… Georgia Grown from local produce stand.
- It Was So GOOD!
As the sun sets… Skeeters start buzzing so for light and defense against those nasty lil blood suckers these lanterns perform double duty. I love that they don’t produce that nasty black stringy looking smoke.
- The lanterns are from Walmart .. Set of 3 for $9.99.. they hold 3 small prefilled bottles of citronella oil with wick included.. extra bottles of oil can be picked up also at Walmart for $1.00 each.
Dinner was a lil late.. and darkness caught up with us. I removed the Sunflower centerpiece and added the napkins so we could see one another.
Sorry these aren’t the greatest looking photos.. I’m still learning the settings on this camera.. I don’t know if y’all have this same problem.. but alotta times it looks GREAT on the view screen on the camera but when I load it on my computer .. I get this blah looking thing. Anyways.. Hunger was getting the best of me…and I only took 3 photos. After viewing them and thinking I had some good shots… I devoured dinner.
Ashley’s Choice for the night.. Carb & Starch Overload
- Ribeye Steaks … Well done
- Pasta Salad.. for her
- Grilled Vidalia Onions
- Baked Potatoes.. for husband .. he’s a meat & potato boy!
And Yes … I served it on a clear dinner plate.. That way everyone can enjoy the beauty of the good stuff and I don’t worry about them cutting into that steak and scratching the Melamine.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today.. All of your visits & wonderful comments mean the world to me. I also wish to thank Our Hostesses Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch and Gollum @ Designs By Gollum.. for always graciously hosting these fun and entertaining blogland events. They have both inspired so many of us to be creative wonders in creating our tables both with beautiful dishes and delicious tasty foods.
Be sure to click on the buttons below to visit each of them and all those participating in today’s party.
God Bless Everyone! … Hugs Debbie