Welcome to another double duty post.. Tablescape Thursday & Foodie Friday. I had so much fun last week with my first addition to Foodie Friday and second addition to Tablescape Thursday .. that I thought I’d jump back in the pool for another swim at it. Thank You all so much for all of the wonderful encouraging comments you left.. I tried to make my rounds in thanking each and every one.. but there were a few that I couldn’t find a route to get back to thank you.. so for those that I wasn’t able to find through a profile.. Thank You so much for the words you left.. Each comment touched my heart and was so appreciated.
Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch is our Hostess for this fun party.. Please head over and visit her and her always beautiful blog and check out all those participating in today’s Tablescape Thursday. Just click the button below.
A Table for One..
Since Jeff and Ashley both traded time with me this last week for fun in the sun at Wildlife Camp.. I was left alone at dinner time.. so I decided a nice dinner alone out on the porch would be
less of a mess to clean up for one than for 3 nice and peaceful.
Ice cold homemade lemonade hit the spot on this hot Georgia evening..
- The green stemware is from Target
- Dinner plate.. Bordallo. My set of Bordallo has been collected in various spots.. Most of my pieces I picked up at Ross & TJ Maxx.
- Ivory Charger.. Davco Silver LTD. These I got at Tuesday Morning .. they were regularly $19 ea.. but Tuesday Mornings price was $6.99 but that day they had them all marked 50% off so final price.. $3.50 ea.
- 14” Rattan Charger … Pier One
- Crystal Pitcher… Crisa from Dillards
- Yellow Handle Flatware… Cambridge Jubilee Yellow from Ross.
- Yellow Place Mats.. Better Homes from Wal-Mart.
- Flameless Ivory Candle and Stand.. from Kirklands.
- White & Yellow Napkins.. Home Trends from Target.
- Bamboo Table Cloth.. Better Homes from Wal-Mart.
A quick climb up the ladder for a better shot.. See that table.. it’s in the middle of a Met Monday transformation.. It’s an old Singer Sewing Machine stand that I’m redoing with a granite top.
- Doggie Salt & Pepper Set.. were a gift a long with a matching cookie jar.. not 100% positive but I think they came from Wal-Mart.
- Green Flameless Candle.. Kirklands
- Bead Napkin Rings.. I made these .. keep scrolling I’ll show you how.
I get the beads from Michaels .. They have hundreds of colors and styles to pick from..
The prices range from $2.99 to $9.99 each pack.. The larger beads are packed with 2 strands like you see above. The smaller beads are packed with 4. Both of these sets are red tags .. so they were $2.99. I usually pick these up when they are on sale for 50% off .. which is usually every other week. The great thing about these are.. they are already strung on a heavy strand which is tied off at a perfect length for making napkin rings.. so all I have to do is connect the ends or twist in another color and you have a cute napkin ring.
Aren’t they perfect for this tablescape..
On To The Food…
To see more delicious treats.. Head over to Designs by Gollum and see what Gollum and everyone has cooking.
A main course of Stuffed Cabbage.. with homemade french bread topped with fresh picked tomatoes.
- Italian Stuffed Cabbage
- Cake Ball Bites
- Homemade Lemonade
Italian Stuffed Cabbage:
- 1 large head green cabbage, core removed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 qt jar home canned tomatoes or *substitute with 2 16 oz cans of diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 16oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 bag of frozen mixed peppers.. yellow, green & red
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves.. diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut out Core from bottom of cabbage. Insert a large fork into the bottom of the cabbage. Place the cabbage into the boiling water for about 30 to 45 seconds… Just enough to make the cabbage bendable. Remove from water and peel off the leaves. Place the leaves in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, uncooked rice, Worcestershire sauce, onions, diced garlic, chopped peppers and eggs. Stir thoroughly; set aside.
- Remove cabbage leaves from the bowl and cut off white thick stem part. Line a 9 x 12 baking dish with the smaller inner white cabbage leaves.
- Place 2 tablespoons of meat mixture in the center of a leaf. Fold over sides and roll up. Repeat with remaining leaves and meat. Place cabbage rolls seam side down in cabbage leaf lined pan. .
- In a small bowl, stir together tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Pour over cabbage rolls and cover pan with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with sauce.
Cake Ball Bites:
These I have to thank Bakerella for.. I found the recipe on her blog. Click here to visit.
- 1 13X9 baked cake *cake mix from box or homemade.. I used Red Velvet Duncan Hines*
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 1 package white chocolate almond bark
- bowls for dipping
- wax paper
- Bake a cake from a mix or from scratch and cool completely.
- Crumble cake into fine pieces.
- Add can of cream cheese frosting and blend together using the back of a large spoon. Blend thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into 1.25" - 1.5" size balls and lay on wax paper. You’ll need to wash your hands quite often.
- Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for several hours or for 15 minutes in freezer. This makes it easier for dipping. Remove from freezer when you’re ready to start dipping.
- Follow the instructions on the almond bark package for melting.
- When you are ready to dip, remove cake balls from freezer and set up another sheet of wax paper.
- Dip each ball into chocolate melt.. I used a wooden skewer to hold balls for dipping.
- Just after dipping.. sprinkle with candy sprinkles.. then lay ball on wax paper. The little hole from the skewer can be easily covered with chocolate melt.
- Since the balls were frozen .. the chocolate melt sets up within a few minutes.
Viola.. There ya have it. Serve with some ice cold milk. Yummmm!
Thank you so much for dropping by for my addition to both Tablescape Thursday & Foodie Friday.. I hope you’ll try some of these recipes.. they really are delicious.. especially those Cake Ball Bites.
Special Thanks to Susan & Gollum for always graciously hosting these fun weekly events.. Make sure you drop by and send em both a lil love.
God Bless & Have a Great Weekend Y’all !