Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Round-Up Remodel .. Hooked on Fridays

is hosting a
Spring Round-Up
Remodel Party.
Tim is hosting this party to give
some of his readers a chance
to showcase
and showoff some of their
hard work.
This party runs from
May 1st - May 3rd
so it's not to late to get in on the fun.
Make sure you stop by and see
all the hard work everyone has
been up to.



I'm also participating in

Hooked on Fridays

Hosted by: Julia at Hooked on Houses


Some of the things I've decided to share
are a few projects that Jeff and I have
been working on these last few months.

I have tons of old pine furniture that
is old and outdated looking.
With funds short
and the desire to spruce up things
around the home.. We decided
the best way was to make new
what we already had.

This stand is one that we had stored away and
brought back to life for use as
a TV stand in Ashley's newly revamped
bedroom.
I sanded it down and
painted it black.


I gave it a lil distressing and
replaced the door pulls.
Below are samples of the
new theme that she has chosen
for her room..
The black goes very well with
the black and white theme.




This next piece is an old
pine clock that was given to me
almost 20 years
ago by my Mom when I moved out
for college.


It was all handmade by a gentleman
the same one actually that made the above
TV stand.. that made things for
a lil craft store my Mom owned.

I sanded it down really well
and rolled this one with
American Accents Smooth
Semi-Gloss Black that
I purchased from Lowe's.


Gave it a bit of distressing also and
changed the white ceramic
knob to an antique brass one.



I love it again.






This next piece is from a
suite that my parents had
way back in the 70's.
It had been stored in a barn
where it had gotten
a lil bit of water damage.







I loved all the details this piece has ..
plus I love that it reminds me of
my parents.

I used my hand sander and
was able to get all of the old
varnish off and smooth
out the water damage.





The handles were really nasty and the brass
had turned that ugly green... so I orginally
wanted to replace them.






Ashley had suggested that I just paint them
white.. I figured what harm would it do..
I was just gonna toss them anyway.
She loves it.. I think it turned out
very nice , and matches
her whole Zebra theme.





These next few pictures are a work in
progress.

This picture is a shot of my dining
room .. where I had just removed the
wallpaper boarder just above
and below the chair rail.

I was trying to decide on
the new colors I wanted.

Plus this is where you can see
the old color on our walls.




Before shot of our ceiling and the
trey border.
My new ceiling fan isn't up
yet.. but it's a beautiful
black iron with cherry blades
ceiling fan we purchased at Lowe's.




This next picture I'm almost embarassed to show..
but hopefully you'll scroll back up and see
that my ceiling didn't really look that nasty
until you could compare it to the newly
painted section.

HUGE difference huh?
The old looks like dirty pond water...
I was seriously gagging when I saw it.

I'm proud to say.. and very proud of my
hardworking Husband..
that all of the ceilings in
our home now have this
beautiful clean looking ceiling.

The new paint in the Den..

It's a summerset harvest gold color.
Pictures don't do it justice and it's
a major difference for us.
We wanted to go bold .. and
bold we did.



Another shot of the Den...
with the finished ceilings and gold trey insert.


I have new 2" white wooden blinds to finish
installing and finish the molding and trimboard.

Oh and we're in the process of ripping out the
carpet. Our house is built on a concrete slab
and I've decided instead of going with
hardwood flooring right now that
I'm gonna try my hand at
staining the concrete.
I've seen it done .. and it's beautiful.
Can't wait to get that finished and
show it to y'all.
Wish me Luck!

Thanks for stopping by to share in
my lil remodeling projects..
Make sure you head back over to
Tim's
and see all the hard work
everyone else has been up to.



Thank You For Visiting
Have A Blessed Day,

©

22 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm tired just looking at all of that. Since we live in the same state, how about you come over to my house when you're done? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie! It all looks so great! I can't believe how well you did that distressed finish! I love it! And the ceilings in the house look great!

    Thanks for showing it all off in the Round-Up!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that last piece of furniture was an amazing transformation! Love it! And your den is beautiful...like caramel...sweet and inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if there was a prize for transformations, you'd win....I love everything you transformed! it all looks great and I look forward to seeing your daughter's room! That clock looks amazing!!!


    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so into black painted furniture right now. I'd paint all my furniture black if my husband would let me. I am itching to spruce up my own place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I just stopped over from HOH. I wanted to say hi.
    I love all of your projects. Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do?
    Thanks for sharing.
    *Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been BUSY!!!! The pieces of furniture look fantastic with their new black paint jobs :-) I love clocks, so your clock is my favourtite of the three pieces you posted :-)

    The black & white bedding is going to look great with the black TV stand in your daughters's room. Do you have an accent colour in mind?? I love black & white with turquoise -- especially back & white zebra stripes with turquoise!!

    Your new den colour is definitely bold -- just the kind of colour I like!! And the tray ceiling looks really good.

    Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished rooms :-)

    Good to hear you enjoyed reading our blogging tips :-) We LOVE getting comments, especially ones that are positive and encouraging :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your makeovers are fantastic! I love how much a little paint really spruces everything up. I think the clock is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! The furniture looks great! I love the way that last one turned out (with the white handles.) It's amazing what some paint can do! :) The den is looking great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful work you do! I love the color of your den. I love colors that make a statement.
    The clock is wonderful.

    Thank you for commenting on the Haig pinch bottle. I don't know how rare it is. I was told it was their 50Th anniversary bottle. I don't know if that was an accurate piece of info. though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay Girl. You are NOT a redecorator. You are a WIZARD!!! What creativity! Had to call my Bo in here for a look and we are marveling at what you did with everything, especially that last 70's style night table I would have kicked to the curb during garbage pick up. You made it AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much .. I was starting to get a complex because nobody was leaving comments. I appreciate every single comment and the time you took to leave them. THANK YOU!
    Have a Great Weekend Everyone!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you (and hubby) did a fabulous job!! The black on the furniture really perks them up!

    Now go somewhere nice and do something special to reward yourselves for all that hard work!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto to all the wows. Love what you have accomplished with a little bit of black paint and a lot of work. Your daughter must be so thankful to have a creative, caring mother.
    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally amazing projects! I love every one of them. I kinda have a thing for clocks though, so I think that one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations you did a marvellous job ! The old furniture looks completely new. I love the most what you have done with this old clock ! but I don't like the white handles on the other piece it kills a little the beautiful carving of the piece. But that is my personal taste.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Everything looks amazing! My favorite is the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the afters-wow. Very inspiring. I have an end table that I salvaged from someone who was going to get rid of it-I have it painted white, but that's as far as I got. Hopefully, I will think of something to do with it and do it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the makeovers...wow! The black is very classy and looks wonderful!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Lots of changes going on at your house! I like what you've done to the furniture- made it look very updated!:)

    Thanks for stopping by my place. Come by anytime:)

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Debbie,
    Wow what a great way to re-purpose your old furniture. Do did a fabulous job!. I really love the way the clock turned out. Funny what a little bit of paint will do and lot of sanding.
    Enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just stopping by to say hello from SITS. I hope you have a great Tuesday! Now I'm off to read more of your great blog!!!!! Love the song:)
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to know who's visiting. Thank you all that take the time to leave a comment... I really appreciate every comment and try my best to respond.
Have a Blessed Day!
~Hugs
Debbie

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Home

Home