Monday, February 9, 2009

From Pine to Fine..


is hosting Metamorphosis Monday.
Thank You Susan!
Be sure to stop by and see all the
bloggers who are participating today.

A couple of weeks ago Jeff and I started on
a major facelift in our home.
As I packed away Christmas decor earlier in the year
I also started packing away things in our home in preparation
for this fun event.
We are doing everything.. from floors to the ceilings.
With the economy.. less hours at work and a soon-to-be
driving teenager we couldn't afford to buy new furniture, so
I headed out in Blogland and searched for ideas on how to
give the old stuff a new look.


The Pine Clock
Nothing fancy..
The mechanics are just a simple clock kit
with a vinyl face
but it was one of the
first things given to me by my Mother to
start my first home back in 1988.

I couldn't have asked for a more
beautiful day for working outside..
So as Jeff did yard work
I started off with the clock by sanding it down..

Taped up the glass..
and wiped it down with a tack cloth.


Used a can of inexpensive black primer
from Wal-Mart.

Rolled it using a
fast drying semi gloss black latex.



Once it was dry...
I took my lil sanding block and gave it a
few swipes to give it that worn look.


I replaced the white ceramic knobs with
antique brass ones and
Voila



All finished and awaiting it's new spot in our
freshly painted den.
As you can tell in some of the pictures above..
the paint is still wet around the windows.
Check back over the next few weeks for more
"Before and Afters"
I have tons of things to show you...
A lil taste of whats in store..
We ripped out the carpet..
We're staining the concrete!

It's going to be Beautimous!!







8 comments:

  1. Love, love the clock. Great idea and it looks brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really came out well. Love the light distressing you gave it. Beautiful job, can't wait to see what else you do. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks just WONDERFUL!!! You reeeally did a UPER-DUPER job! Can't wait to see what else you do that I can LEARN from! Best, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie
    You did a great job and it looks wonderful. I may have to learn how to paint things and not wait on my hubby. I am impressed.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie,

    The clock looks great and so country!. I love the color of your walls and the back clock really plays off the color.
    A fantastic job.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, I'll be back! Gotta see what else you've got up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, I tried several times to leave you a comment on your pretty Valentine's, but it would not let me. Beautiful!! Have a happy day. Kathi

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to know who's visiting. Thank you all that take the time to leave a comment... I really appreciate every comment and try my best to respond.
Have a Blessed Day!
~Hugs
Debbie

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Home

Home