Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tablescape Thursday .. Christmas Tea 09

Are y’all sick of seeing Christmas settings yet? Gosh I hope not… I saved all of these for after the holidays. Each year for Christmas the ladies from our Church put on a swanky Christmas Tea..  It’s always such a fun and elegant event. Last year I was a guest and didn’t participate in setting a table… but this year I did one.. which I’ll show you all next week .. This week I wanted to show off everyone else’s tables.

First up .. Katie’s table. PK-Kids Table:

Katie is the youth leader of the PK-Kids ..These kids age from 8 to 12 years old.

 100_8614

LOVE LOVE the Green depression china .. Perfectly matched with the pink.

100_8615100_8665  100_8668

Katie chose these cute lil penguin ornaments for her gift to her guests. They were from Hobby Lobby.

100_8667

Alicia’s Table… The Teen Youth Table …

100_8626

Black and Silver theme .. Simple yet elegant looking. Silver chargers with Black plastic plates.. She also used black plastic flatware.. She flipped 2 cake plate stands upside down and used them as a base for her candles. Loved that she hung the ornaments from the ceiling above her table .. Her gift to her guests .. Lil silver sheer bags filled with hershey kisses.

100_8627 100_8628

Kellie’s Table .. Kellie had 2 tables this year .. She always treats her employees .. so these next 2 tables are her business tables.

100_8629

I love the lighted glass blocks… and those sweet stocking flatware holders.

100_8632

100_8630 100_8631 

Table # 2 .. Loved this huge cup & saucer centerpiece .. filled with clear lights and huge red ornaments.

100_8634

Both of Kellie’s table were 10 place settings ea.. and each of her guests received these cute ice cream and snowmen cone ornaments.

100_8635 100_8636 

Sister Shirley’s table: .. Here’s Sister Shirley working on the finishing touches.

100_8637100_8638 

Each of Sister Shirley’s guests received those cute santa coat tins filled with candy.

 100_8640

Sister Sandy’s Table… Love this green & gold!!

100_8641 100_8643

Last year Sister Sandy used clear plastic plates to serve meals on .. I loved this idea!

100_8642

You still get to see the beauty of the china and not worry about your china getting carried back an forth from the kitchen to the table and back again. When you’re ready to pack up your things .. it’s all right there on your table and still clean lol. I admit my greatest fear was my china getting broken.. this was a major step in reducing that chance. Sandy’s gift to her guests.. battery candles.

100_8679  100_8678 

Sister Peggy’s table .. for her Grandchildren.

  100_8649

These beautiful Angels were huge and I walked up just as Sister Peggy was putting the finishing touches on her table .. She was also sharing the story of how she was finally able to get the last piece of that Angel collection. Sister Peggy’s gift for her guests.. colorful vase filled with tiny flowers.

100_8650   

Angela’s table.. Loved this teal & silver combo.

 100_8659

This was Angela’s very first tablescape ever!! .. She did an awesome job..

100_8660 100_8674

Angela used silver snowflake napkin rings as place card holders.. love the use of the silver dollies  under the clear dinner plates. Beautiful job Angela!

100_8675

Last table for this week .. They were still working on it as I came by to take photos.

100_8669

Love the flatware tucked in the napkin stuffed in the stemware.. and the stemware centered on the salad plate. When you’re trying to squeeze in 10 settings on these tables every single inch is important.. great use of saving space.

100_8671

Beautiful centerpiece .. sorry I didn’t get a photo after she has straightened an lit the candles.

100_8672    

So what cha think.. didn’t these ladies do a wonderful job. I really had a hard time picking my favorite .. but I did and that one I’m going to share with you all next week .. along with my table the week after.

Here’s a lil teaser..

100_8652 100_8633

Thanks for dropping by .. and don’t forget to head back over to Susan’s at Between Naps on the Porch and see what everyone else has to share this week.

TablescapeThursday

Hugs~ Debbie

 

16 comments:

  1. Wow - Those were all great! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie!! These tables are an inspiration. I really enjoyed scrolling through! Happy TT to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! I love to do those kind of functions at church where each one is different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what could be better than one wonderful tablescape ....but all these wonderful inspirational scapes -- this looks like a wonderful festive occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing...such lovely tables, and all so different! I got lots of ideas for next year:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea with the clear plates! All the tables were so festive and pretty. Just lvoed the teal colored one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would love to go to an affair like that. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Debbie, What darling tables and how fun to decorate them. Thanks for taking us on a tour, lots of ideas there.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. One beautiful table after another!
    I love these gatherings! You get so many great ideas!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a way to start the new year~it would be such a special treat to sit at any one of these tables.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are every one beautiful..
    Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved ALL of them! So beautiful each and every one of them! The Silver and Teal was amazing...that was my wedding colors (since my hubby's name is Teele) wish they'd had those beautiful shades back in the day when dinosaurs roamed the earth...back when I got married!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie,
    Happy New Year!.
    Beautiful table scapes! It would have been hard for me too to pick my favorite. The ladies at church did a wonderful job and what a fun event.
    May you have a very blessed new year and may all your dreams come true this year.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tables are all gorgeous. I do really like Alecia's table so much. All are pretty though. What a wonderful idea. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tables just love them all>

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to know who's visiting. Thank you all that take the time to leave a comment... I really appreciate every comment and try my best to respond.
Have a Blessed Day!
~Hugs
Debbie

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Home

Home