Hey Everyone .. It’s been a while .. I know I’ve been such a slacker here in blogland. Hopefully I have kicked that sickness that has had me on deaths door for over a month. On my return back I didn’t want to do a post about all the stuff that has happened since my last post .. I’ll share those details later. I wanted to jump right back in on a couple of my favorite parties.. Tablescape Thursday & Foodie Friday.
This is our table from last month.. The day I had put it together I was feeling really good .. but afterwards things went down hill for me and this stayed set up for 3 weeks. Lucky for me though just before packing things up.. it was perfect setting for me to snap a few shots of some peppers a friend sent me. Aren’t those peppers beautiful.. They were grown by a great friend of mine Kristin .. who has the greenestestestest thumb around.
- Sunflowers .. Hobby Lobby
- Rooster Vase .. Fred’s
- Candles .. Target
- Wooden Candles Holders.. Sprayed white .. Goodwill find
- Gold Napkins .. Bought those along with other colors for .99 cents a pound at this awesome place in Covington called OHCO .. Twice a year they have a sale .. everything is by the pound for 99 cents. I ended up with 10 sets of 8 in 6 different colors for .99 cents. DEAL DEAL DEAL!
- Ceramic Weave Napkin Rings.. Goodwill
- Placemat .. Wal-Mart
- Flatware .. Oneida
- Chicken Ware .. David Carter Brown Collections .. “On The Farm” … Goodwill
- Brown Dinner Plate .. Naturals by Culinary Arts .. Kroger
- Green Dinner Plate .. Goodwill
- The Green dinnerware shown on this one .. is also Naturals by Culinary Arts. I didn’t realize I didn’t have a photo of this one chicken until I started loading the photos .. and those other green ones were packed away.
This next one is my favorite of the set.
- Green Stemware .. Goodwill
- Rooster Glassware .. Found these at Kroger on clearance .. for 3.25 for set of 8.
What’s for dinner? Cornbread.. Hot and fresh outta the skillet. Yum ..
With that cornbread …
Fresh butter beans from Suzie’s garden and some of those canned tomatoes I put up earlier in the summer.
Dessert … Homemade Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream .. made by my sweet husband.
Here a few pics of those beautiful Peppers Kristin grew..
There were yellow ones.. red ones.. green ones.. purple ones.. and orange ones.
Those oranges ones .. the Habaneras .. those we don’t eat lol but I do love their beauty.
Are Y’all ready for Fall… I can’t wait to play catch up and see what all I’ve missed this past month.. I know with all you wonderful creative folks.. I’ll be Ooohhh and Ahhhhh like crazy.
Be sure to Visit Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch and Gollum @ Designs by Gollum for more treats this week.
*Liz .. thank you for all the messages.. Bless you my friend .. you brighten my days.