Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tablescape Thursday .. Imperfections July 2011

 

My addition to this week’s Tablescape Thursday is a wee bit different than usual .. These are a few tablescapes that never made it to the Tablescape Hall of Fame .. They just weren’t up to par for one reason or another.. so they didn’t get shared. Also there are a few photos of previous ones that did make it with the “not so perfect” photos that show just how hard it is to get those perfect shots.

This is my current table .. It is beautiful but because my camera died a few weeks back I had to use my iphone to take pictures .. none of the photos turned out great and on top of all that I forgot to remove the stickers off of my Bordello plates .. eek!

284640_190345871026679_100001538030485_530428_1054172_n

So off to the deleted bin of shame they went..

229653_190346194359980_100001538030485_530429_6837554_n

Another setting that never made it was my Fourth of July table..  I forgot to add flatware before taking all the photos .. LOL

216809_190342344360365_100001538030485_530369_4104688_n

This is a tablescape I did last summer .. It was to be a part of a huge multi blog party post .. Tablescape .. Thrift Store Finds and a post for Foodie Friday .. It had it all .. Fresh homemade peach ice cream .. Both Raspberry and Chocolate covered Almonds .. Fresh Georgia Peaches .. and Almond Tea.

100_6950

A perfect setting to show off the new blue teapot I had just won from another blog party

100_6909

I was so exited to do this one .. I worked really fast to take photo after photo .. because here in the hot Georgia heat that ice cream and all that chocolate wasn’t gonna last long at all.

100_6908

Yum .. The heat had given the chocolate covered almonds a lil shine..

100_6898

Feeling pretty proud of myself for beating the heat before it melted all my goodies .. and feeling confident that I had gotten some really great photos I cleaned up everything .. put it all away .. and went inside to download all my photos.

100_6907

It is here my friends that the high I was on suddenly came crashing down. I noticed this tiny black speck on my computer screen.. So I tried wiping it off only to realize it wasn’t on the screen .. it was on the photo .. one right after the other.

100_6907

There ya go .. right there on each photo was a stinking GNAT .. enjoying the heck out of that Butter Cookie. Ok not a problem right .. he’s small an hopefully nobody will notice him unless they zoom in right? .. did you see him until I pointed him out? Well I wasn’t so lucky on the next few photos.. Mr Gnat went away only in time for Mr. Fly to come along for his share of the Butter Cookie.

100_6950

Mr. Fly decided that he not only wanted Butter Cookies .. he wanted a lil Ice Cream too.

100_6960

Oh lookie here .. It was all so good that he brought along a date.

100_6920

Although I haven’t participated in Tablescape Thursday in quite awhile .. I do stop by an visit all that I can each week.  I admire everyone’s dedication .. and appreciate those that share with us all their hard work and beautiful tables. I know how much time and how hard it is to get all those great tables put together and get just the right photos of them.. Thank You for allowing us that pleasure.

100_6642

I hope you enjoyed my “Hall of Shame” addition to this week’s Tablescape Thursday .. Please be sure to visit all the other hard working tablescapers over at Susan’s Tablescape Thursdays blog party at Between Naps on the Porch by clicking the button below.

TableScape Tuesday Logo2[1]_-_Copy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    I think your photo's are just fine...I had the same problem last month, I had to send my camera to Canada for repairs and had to use my husbands computer that takes pictures.
    I love your tablescape's.
    I don't have really pretty dishes just everyday and only one set of China. I love seeing all the beautiful dishes and patterns.
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous table! Stunning setup! Love those silver...breathtaking! Thanks for sharing is elegant post:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tables are beautiful. you should ahve posted them.. I've really laughed hard at your gnats and flies.. we've all had those issues.. photo shop has a spot healing brush.. I've got one post somewhere where i have a crooked knife, one were i have only forks and one with no glasses.. Thanks so much for sharing, you brightened my day. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is great! This is absolutely great! Bloopers are always so much fun! You're right...I didn't notice the gnat until you pointed him out. I think you could have gotten away with him. The flies, however, were a different story. Like Marlis said, Photo Shop would have cured that. I don't personally know how to use Photo Shop, but I hear it's a great tool. Heck, it makes all those models look 20 years younger and 30 pounds thinner...it surely could do wonders eliminating a fly or two! :-) I think this is my first time to your site. I've been off the grid for a couple of months. Fun to come back to see something fun like this. Have a great weekend, and try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story is great the table is great and the sweets are wonderfully great.

    Loved the table setting.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Lots of Love,

    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tablescape, love the dishes and the story, too. Summer has some little buggs, I probably couldn't have noticed them, unless you pointed out...who cares, all is gorgeous! Love, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie,
    I am normally just quietly in the background but I had to say how much I enjoyed your blog this week. Maybe you should all have a blooper week! It was fun and we all learn from others' mistakes. Love your tablescapes, flies, gnats and all.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have even noticed the problems unless you pointed them out, except the flies. The ice cream still looks delicious though! I know how you feel about being so excited with your photo shoot then not being able to use the photos. Your photography is fabulous, too bad you had those pesky vermin.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to know who's visiting. Thank you all that take the time to leave a comment... I really appreciate every comment and try my best to respond.
Have a Blessed Day!
~Hugs
Debbie

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!!

Home

Home